Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Friday, December 16

My computer at work told me a joke this afternoon

As told to me by a friend, slightly edited:

My computer at work told me a joke this afternoon. I didn't have any trouble getting to any network files, including the "privileged and confidential material" sections, but when I tried to save a rough draught it informed me:

You are not authorised to access files on the C:drive. If you believe this to be in error, please contact your system administrator.

I didn't see the humour immediately, so my computer refined its comic technique:

You are not authorised to access files on the A:drive. If you believe this to be in error, please contact your system administrator.

I shut that sucker down for the night and went home, figuring it must have gotten up on the wrong side of the chip this morning. If the joke persists, I will call on the talents of Computer Guy. I am one of the few in the department who know his secret identity (which I won't reveal here, since it is secret!). He was startled when I assured him that I wouldn't reveal his secret identity, until I explained that he was obviously a SuperHero: no one ever asks "him" for help, it's always, "This is a job for the Computer Guy!" (I keep threatening to buy him a cape -- silicone-coated, of course.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tigre said...

what a laugh. Those computers always make me laugh, so i married one.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home