Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Wednesday, December 28

What does that tell you?

Sherlock Holmes and Mr. Watson went on a camping trip. After a good meal and a bottle of wine they lay down in their tent for the night and went to sleep. Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend awake: "Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions and millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?" asked Holmes.

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe Saturn is in Leo. Logically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all-powerful and that we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, I suspect that we will have a beautiful day tomorrow."

"Is that all?" asked Holmes.

"Yes," Watson replied after a moment. "Why, am I missing something?"

Holmes was quiet for a moment, then spoke: "Watson, you dickhead. Someone has stolen our tent."

1 Comments:

Blogger King Of Hearts said...

Greetings for New Year!

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home