Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Monday, January 30

Not so very long ago

A few days after George W. Bush's inauguration, a man came up to the uniformed Marine on duty at the White House and said, "I would like to see President Clinton."

The Marine politely answered, "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer president."

The man said, "Oh, all right," and walked away.

The next day the Marine was again on duty, the same man approached and again asked to see President Clinton, the Marine again answered, "Sir, Mr. Clinton is no longer president," and the man again acknowledged and walked away.

The next day when the same man approached the same Marine and again asked to see President Clinton, the Marine, a little annoyed, said "Sir, I have told you, Mr. Clinton is no longer president. Don't you understand that?"

"Yes, I do," said the man, "but I just enjoy hearing it."

The Marine smiled. "See you tomorrow."

2 Comments:

Blogger Empty Line said...

grr when I see George W. Bush I don't wanna read the text... i hate him, he's an idiot... Heh tell me what did you write here, huh?

Greeds too you
If you wanna, come to my blog! :P

10:21 PM  
Blogger Tenebris said...

I always drop by :) (And your English is very good ... and much, much better than my Polish!)

As to what and why: if I am going to publish odd Bushisms, surely I should give Clinton equal time?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home