Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Thursday, February 2

Top ten things you do not want to hear on an airplane PA system

10. [midway across the ocean] This is your Captain speaking. I just wanted to take this time to remind you that your seat cushions can be used as floatation devices.

9. Our loss of altitude allows a unique close-up perspective of the local terrain. I assure you that it is all part of our airline's new commitment to make your a flight a sightseeing extravaganza.

8. Goose! Bogey at 2 o'clock ... one on our tail! Eject! Eject!

7. Fasten your seatbelt. [said in the same tone your friend with the suicidal driving tendencies uses when you get in the car]

6. This is your Captain speaking ... these new planes are a lot different than the ships I am used to ... so you will have to give me some leeway ...

5. It would be a good idea if, right now, everyone closed their shades and watched the in-flight movie.

4. Drinks are on me ... I will have what the Captain is having ...

3. Hey capt'n, take another hit, man ...

2. Get the parachutes ready ...

1. I am sure everyone has noticed the loss of an engine. However, the reduction in weight and drag mean that we will be flying much more efficiently now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Le Babylone-Express said...

Great post. If you don't mind, I'll translate it in french & post it on my blog...

11:39 PM  
Blogger Tenebris said...

Go for it! :)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home