Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Friday, March 3

Clockwatching

A policeman is patrolling at night in a spot well-known to double as "lovers' lane". Sure enough, he finds a parked car, with the interior light glowing brightly. As he approaches the car, he sees a young man behind the wheel ... reading a computer magazine. Behind him, in the back seat, is a young woman ... knitting? Thoroughly confused, he decides to approach the car, rapping lightly on the driver's side window. The young man lowers it: "Uh, yes, officer?"

"What are you doing?"

"Well sir," says the young man, "isn't it obvious? I am reading a magazine, sir."

The policeman points toward the woman in the back seat: "And her?"

The young man shrugs: "I believe she is knitting a pullover sweater."

Something is off here, and the policeman is determined to discover what. "How old are you, son?"

"I am 21, sir."

"And her, what is her age?"

The young man glances at his watch: "She will be 18 in twenty minutes."

4 Comments:

Blogger samrocha said...

That is really funny!! I just pressed next blog and bumped into you, glad I did...

8:36 PM  
Blogger Lost Bob said...

Been checking you everyday for a short while. Good stuff. This one is good but I would have made the guy 21. Just to give the guys a break.

9:48 PM  
Blogger uvavirgo said...

I just happened upon your blog...and wow, too funny!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Tenebris said...

Glad you like :)

lost bob, I see your point: made the change as you suggested.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home