Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Saturday, March 25

A difference of opinion

A married couple is driving steadily along a highway, the wife behind the wheel, when her husband, a divorce lawyer, suddenly looks over at her and says, "Darling, I know we have been married for twenty years, but I want a divorce."

The wife says nothing, but slowly increases her speed to 50 miles per hour.

"I don't want you to try and talk me out of it," he says, "because I have been having an affair with your best friend, and she is a far better lover than you."

Again, no reply, but a slight tightening of hands on steering wheel and a quiet increase in speed.

The husband continues, "I want the house," and the wife knows that he has the skill to get it. "And I want the bank accounts, all the credit cards, the boat."

Still no reply, still that steady increase in speed: they are fully at freeway speeds now. As the car veers toward a massive concrete bridge, the husband suddenly gets nervous: "Is there anything you want?"

"Oh no," replies the wife in a quiet and controlled voice, the first words she has spoken since the announcement. "I have everything I need."

"Oh really?" he can't help but mock, even though the bridge is getting closer and closer. "So, what have you got?"

She smiles at him: "The airbag."

2 Comments:

Blogger Yvette said...

Too funny...wonder what happens?

7:19 PM  
Blogger misicos said...

Bonito blog ;)

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home