Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Friday, March 24

What it is worth

Fresh out of business school, the young accountant is being interviewed by a very nervous man in charge of a three-man business. "I need someone with an accounting degree," says the man, "but mainly, I am looking for someone to do my worrying for me."

"Excuse me?"

"I worry about a lot of things," explains the man. "But I don't want to have to worry about money. Your job will be to take all the money worries off my back."

"I see," says the young accountant. "And how much does the job pay?"

"I will start you at eighty-five thousand dollars."

"Eighty-five thousand dollars! How can such a small business afford a sum like that?"

"That," says the owner, "is your first worry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home