Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Wednesday, May 10

The explanation

She comes home early from work one day, to discover her husband in bed with another woman. Furious, she is about to walk out on the two of them, but the husband convinces her to at least hear his story.

"I am driving along the street," he begins, "when I see this young lady in torn clothing, no shoes, all muddy and crying. I took pity on her and asked if she would like to get cleaned up in my house. So she climbed into my truck and I brought her home. She took a shower. I gave her the underwear that doesn't fit you anymore, the blouse I bought you two years ago that you never wore, the running shoes you bought but never used -- I even gave her some of the roast beef you had in the refrigerator, but didn't serve to me.

"With all that done, I showed her to the door. She thanked me profusely, and, just before she was about to leave, she turns around and asks me: 'Is there anything else your wife doesn't use anymore?' "

1 Comments:

Blogger Drive By Commenter said...

The kitchen?

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home