Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Tuesday, May 30

Ten dollars is ten dollars

Every year he and the missus went to the local fair. Every year he would say, "You know, Martha, I'd like to get a ride in that there airplane." And every year she would say, "I know, Stumpy, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars ... and ten dollars is ten dollars."

So finally one year Stumpy says, "Jeebers, Martha, I am 71 years old. If I don't go this year I may never go." And yes, she does reply (as always), "I know, Stumpy, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars ... and ten dollars is ten dollars."

BUT: this time the pilot overhears them. (Or maybe he has overheard them each and every year and now he has finally decided to step in.) "Folks," he offers, "I will make you a deal. "I will take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say a single word, I won't charge you. But just one word, and it's ten dollars."

Of course they agree and up they go, and the pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives: and all this time not one word is heard from the back seats. When he lands and comes to a stop, he turns to Stumpy and says, "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to holler out, but you didn't."

"Well," says Stumpy, "I was going to say something when Martha fell out ... but ten dollars is ten dollars!"

5 Comments:

Blogger rebeccajy22 said...

This blog is so funny and I will be back to read it another day. Just what I needed today. Really did put a smile on my face. Thank You.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Yvette said...

I have this smile on my face because of your post. Thanks!

5:36 PM  
Blogger SM said...

Great jokes.Couldn't stop to laugh.

5:41 PM  
Blogger dormerportal said...

Too funny, I'll be telling that to everyone now - made me chuckle

6:30 PM  
Blogger jovialiste said...

I haventĀ“t anything to declare but I read with a smile on my face.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home