Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Sunday, June 18

Parking problems

The parking lot at the Baptist church was always full because the members of a Presbyterian church, one block away, were always using it, in spite of having been requested many times not to do so. Plea after plea went unheeded.

Finally, the Baptist minister asked his congregation to place bumper stickers on all the cars in their lot which read:

I am proud to be a Baptist

There were no more parking problems.

4 Comments:

Blogger Victoria S said...

I don't know why I've never come across your site before, but you definitely brought a smile to my face today. Thank you.

Just wondering. Do you make these up yourself or are they passed on from other sources?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Puuda Maggui said...

I agree, this is a great site.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Tenebris said...

Some I remember from having been told to me. Some I find. Where I know the original author, I credit. Where I don't, I almost invariably re-write.

Curious observation: the more staying power a joke has, the less likely it is to be linked -- or even linkable -- with any individual author. For some reason, the best jokes are -- or quickly become -- the "anonymous" ones.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

This is funny. I enjoyed reading your blog, and I did smile. Thank you.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home