Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Saturday, July 8

One's proper place

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Al Gore arrive before God, sitting on his great white throne. God addresses Al first: "Al, what do you believe in?"

"Well," replies Al, "I believe that we need to save the world from CFCs and freon, and that if we keep producing more and more carbons, the whole earth will become a greenhouse, sea levels will rise, and coastal areas will drown. This can't be good."

God thinks for a second, then pronounces: "Okay. I can live with that. Come here and sit at my left." He then addresses Bill: "Bill, what do you believe in?"

"Well," says Bill, valiantly not thinking even a peep about Monica, "I believe in power to the people. I think people should be able to make their own choices about things and that no one should ever be able to tell someone else what to do. I also believe in feeling people's pain."

God thinks for a second, then pronounces: "Okay. That sounds good. Come here and sit at my right." He then addresses Hillary: "Hillary, what do you believe in?"

"I believe you are in my chair."

4 Comments:

Blogger Zebigleb said...

Arf !
Ok I'm going to translate it for Jacques Chirac and Nicolas Sarkozy

10:27 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

That is funny and yes life is much too serious. Thanks for the laugh.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Tenebris said...

Glad you liked :)

Oh, I suspect there are far too many politicians to whom some variant of that could apply! Sometimes I feel I write about too many United States ones, but, well, most of these started as English-language jokes: and by far the residents of the United States seem to be most prolific at those.

By all means, do spread the laugh! These kinds of things do best shared.

11:10 PM  
Blogger ACG said...

Love it!!

And love the blog. Keep up the good work.

Anna.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home