Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Saturday, August 12

Moving to Pittsburgh

Aug. 12th:
Moved to our new home in Pittsburgh. It is so beautiful here.

Oct. 14th:
Pittsburgh is the most beautiful place on Earth. The leaves are turning all different colors. I love the shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through some beautiful mountains and spotted some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most peaceful animals on earth. This must be paradise.

Nov. 11th:
Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such elegant creatures, the very symbols of peace and tranquility. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

Dec. 2nd:
It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shovelled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), though when the snow plow came by we had to shovel the driveway again. Still, what a beautiful place: Mother Nature in perfect harmony.

Dec.12th:
More snow last night. I love it! Truly a winter wonderland. Although the snow plow did do his trick again (that little rascal!).

Dec. 19th:
More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shovelling. I need a snow plow.

Dec. 22nd:
More of the white stuff fell last night. I have blisters on my hands from shovelling. I think the snow plow hides around the curve and waits until I am almost done shovelling the driveway. They should use more salt to melt the ice on these roads.

Dec. 25th:
"White Christmas" my ass. More of that frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-bitch who drives the snow plow, I swear I will castrate the dumb bastard. Don't know why they don't just use more salt to melt the frigging ice.

Dec. 28th:
Been stuck inside since Christmas Day except for trying to keep ahead of the snow, and then shovelling out the driveway every time "Snow Plow Harry" comes by. Can't go anywhere, the cars are buried. The weatherman says to expect another ten inches tonight. Do you know how many shovelfuls of snow that is?

Jan. 1st:
Happy Friggin New Year. The weatherman was wrong (again). We got 31 inches this time. At this rate it won't melt till the 4th of July. The snow plow got stuck up the road and the driver had the nerve to come to my door to borrow a shovel. I told him that I have broken six shovels already from shovelling what he has pushed into my driveway. I broke the last one over his frigging head.

Jan. 4th:
East wind! For once, no snow, so I finally managed to get out of the house today. I went to the store to get food and on the way back a deer ran straight in front of my car. Did $3000 damage to the car, and just walked away. These frigging beasts are a menace. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3rd:
Finally took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from all the salt they keep dumping all over the road? Car looks like a piece of junk.

June 1st:
Packed up and moved to Arizona. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever want to live in that God-forsaken state of Pennsylvania.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home