Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Thursday, August 3

Think spring

For my South African readers, who (unlike, apparently, all of the northern hemisphere) are not experiencing a heat wave - T

In early spring, while still experiencing unusually severe winter weather, I went to the grocery store for my weekly shopping. On my way home I noticed a number of drivers slow down to read a sign on a service station billboard. In bold black letters on a bright yellow background were the words

THINK SPRING

I chuckled as I skidded and slid along the road home.

Two weeks later, the forecast was still gloomy: snow and more snow. While driving by the same service station, I noticed one word had been added to the sign. It now read:

THINK SPRING - HARDER

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home