Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Tuesday, December 19

Latin phrases III

Courtesy of G'day Mate:

Balaenae nobis conservandae sunt!
Save the whales!

Clamo, clamatis, omnes clamamus pro glace lactis.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.

Conlige suspectos semper habitos.
Round up the usual suspects.

Coruscantes disci per convexa caeli volantes.
Flying saucers.

Credidi me felem vidisse!
I tought I taw a puddy tat!

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.

Cum homine de cane debeo congredi.
Excuse me. I've got to see a man about a dog.

Ducator meus nihil agit sine lagunculae leynidae accedunt.
My calculator does not work without batteries.

Estne tibi forte magna feles fulva et planissima?
Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Fortunatus sum! Pila mea de gramine horrido modo in pratum lene recta volvit!
Isn't that lucky! My ball just rolled out of the rough and onto the fairway!

Heu! Tintinnuntius meus sonat!
Darn! There goes my beeper!

Illiud latine dici non potest.
You can't say that in Latin.

Nemo hic adest illius nominis.
There is no one here by that name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home