Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Wednesday, January 17

Young whippersnapper

One day an older fellow was in for a checkup. After his examination, his doctor was amazed. "Holy cow! Mr. Edwards, I must say that you are in the greatest shape of any 64-year-old I have ever examined!"

"Did I say I was 64?"

"Well, no, did I read your chart wrong?"

"Damn straight you did! I am 85!"

"85! Unbelievable! You would be in great shape if you were 25! How old was your father when he died?"

"Did I say he was dead?"

"You mean ...?"

"Damn straight! He is 106 and going strong!"

"My Lord! What a healthy family you must come from! How long did your grandfather live?"

"Did I say he was dead?"

"No! You can't mean ..."

"Damn straight! He is 126, and getting married next week!"

"126! Truly amazing, Mr. Edwards. But, uh, I wouldn't think a man would want to get married at that age?"

"Did I say he wanted to get married ...?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home