Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Monday, April 2

Contingency plan

Andy is applying for a job as a signalman on the railways. The inspector asks him: "What would you do if two trains were heading for each other on the same track?"

"I would switch the points for one of the trains."

"What if the lever broke?"

"Then I would dash down out of the signal box, and use the manual lever over there."

"What if that had been struck by lightning?"

"Then I would run back into the signal box and phone the next signal box."

"What if the phone were engaged?"

"In that case I would rush down out of the box and use the public emergency phone at the level crossing up there."

"What if that were vandalised?"

"Oh well," says Andy, "then I would run into the village and get my uncle Silas."

This puzzles the inspector: "Why would you do that?"

Came the answer: "Because he has never seen a train crash."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home