Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Wednesday, April 4

Latin phrases IV

Courtesy of G'day Mate:

Certe, toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse.
You know, Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
The devil made me do it!

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Just the facts, ma'am.

Fac ut gaudeam.
Make my day.

Farrago fatigans!
Thuffering thuccotash!

Illius me paenitet, dux.
Sorry about that, chief.

In dentibus anticis frustrum magnum spiniciae habes.
You have a big piece of spinach in your front teeth.

Me transmitte sursum, caledoni.
Beam me up, Scotty.

Osculare pultem meam!
Kiss my grits!

Quid agis, medice?
What's up, Doc?

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Si fallatis officium, quaestor infitias eat se quicquam scire de factis vestris.
If you fail, the secretary will disavow all knowledge of your activities.

Te capiam, cunicule sceleste!
I'll get you, you wascally wabbit!

Tuis pugis pignore!
You bet your bippy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home