Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Wednesday, April 18

Old Macdonald

Two football players are taking an important final exam. If they failed, they would be on academic probation and not be allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl the following week. The exam was fill-in-the-blank. The last question read, "Old MacDonald had a _________."

The first player is stumped. He has no idea of the answer, but he knows he has to get this one right to be sure he passed. Making sure the professor was not watching, he taps his fellow player on the shoulder: "Pssst, what is the answer to the last question?"

The other football player laughs. After making sure the professor had not noticed he whispers back: "You are so stupid. Everyone knows Old Macdonald had a farm."

"Oh yeah," says the first player, "I remember now." He picks up his No. 2 pencil and starts to write the answer in the blank -- but then he stopped. "Hey," he whispers, "how do you spell farm?"

"Geez, you really are dumb," whispers back the other player. That is so easy. Farm is spelled E-I-E-I-O."


This one always reminds me on how, when I was very young, I tried to help out a classmate on a quiz -- by whispering that George Washington was our first leader. I am not American, and it didn't happen in the United States. True story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home