Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Wednesday, August 27

A young man, poor in money but rich in gumption and entrepreneurial spirit, asked an old rich man how he had made his money. The venerable senior leaned back. "It was 1932, the deepest point of the Great Depression. Businesses were folding left and right, and there were a hundred people lining up for even the prospect of a possible day's work. I was down to my very last nickel.

"Well, son, I invested that nickel in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing that apple. And, at the end of the day, I was able to sell the apple for six cents.

"By the end of the week, I was able to invest the profits into a second apple. I spent the entire day polishing them, and at 5:00 pm I sold them for twelve cents. I continued this system for an entire month, at the end of which I had acquired a fortune of nearly two dollars.

"Then my wife's father died and left us two million dollars."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home