Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Monday, October 6

Ethics

In the judge's chamber, the lawyer looked furtively around, then pulled out a wad of cash. "Here is $50,000," he said. "I really need to win this motion."

The judge's face turned red. "What kind of judge do you think I am?" he sputtered.

The lawyer hastily tried to backpedal. "Ah -- er -- I heard you could be bought?"

Calming down a little, the judge said, "Son, if I were to take your money, I would be committing a gross ethical transgression."

"I see," said the lawyer. "I guess taking a bribe is pretty unethical."

Now the judge looked puzzled. "I don't think you understand. Your opponent has already paid me handsomely. Were I to take your money, it would be a conflict of interest."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home