Smile of the Day

Life is getting much too serious, yes? Who doesn't need a daily smile?




Sunday, October 5

Seeking the answer

All through the church service the pastor had noticed that heavy thoughts had settled on Matthew, a member of his flock. After the service, the pastor gently drew the dejected, dishevelled man to one side. "Matthew," he asked, "what's the matter?"

Matthew sighs. "Well, Pastor, my business is shot, they are foreclosing on my house, and my wife says she is going to leave me and take the kids if I don't straighten things out. I just don't know what to do."

The pastor handed him one of the church Bibles. "Matthew, seek the answer here." And the man leaves, his step a little lighter.

Four months pass. Then, one Sunday, Matthew appears again in church, only this time he is wearing an Armani suit, a nice cap, and as he steps outside after the service, he lights up a cigar. "Thank God!" says the pastor. "Matthew, you look great. Did you follow my advice?"

"I certainly did. As I went home, I decided to open the Bible and follow its advice. So when I got home, I opened the Bible, and the very first phrase I saw said, Matthew, Chapter 11."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home